As a contractor, you need an umbrella company that makes contractor payroll easy to understand. Below, we have put together some frequently asked questions for contractors wanting to use our PAYE umbrella service. Alternatively, you can contact our expert team using the link below.
We can calculate your take-home pay if you supply your hourly rate and the hours worked per week. We always encourage you to do this, so you are fully informed about your likely net pay. Please contact our team to get a take-home pay illustration.
Before April 2016, you could claim tax and National insurance contributions (NIC) relief on the costs of getting to and from your assignment locations. With IR35 changes, anyone working under the ‘supervision, direction or control’ of their end client will no longer be able to do this.
Many contractors fall within IR35, so it is difficult for low paid workers to qualify for home to work expenses relief unless the travel expenses are incurred while working, as opposed to getting to work (e.g. going to a client meeting/visit). Where you use your car for such travel, you may be able to claim tax and NIC free ‘mileage’.
- You choose to sign up with Unified Payroll, completing an employment contract so that we can be your umbrella company.
- Unified Payroll signs a contract with your employment agency or client company.
- You submit your timesheets to your recruitment agency or client company weekly.
- We raise invoices with your recruitment agency or client company based on your timesheets.
- Once your recruitment agency or client company pays the invoices, your salary is paid directly into your account using our PAYE, so HMRC, holiday pay and pension deductions are taken.
- You receive a text message when you get paid.
- Quick & straightforward onboarding process
- One of the few Umbrella companies with FCSA and Professional passport accreditation.
- A fully compliant PAYE Umbrella scheme following HMRC, IR35 & AWR regulations
- A low, competitive Umbrella margin.
- Multiple payroll runs daily, so you get paid on time, every time.
- Expert customer service team advising about IR35, HMRC and payrollPayrolloining or exit fees.