Is It Essential to Have a PSL (Preferred Supplier List)?
Every recruitment business must have a PSL (Preferred Supplier List) of umbrella companies that have been checked and audited for compliance. A PSL ensures that recruitment agencies have a supply chain of umbrella payroll providers, who are fully compliant with all regulations relating to temporary workers.
A fully functioning PSL will give your contractors access to a restricted number of high-quality PAYE (Pay As You Earn) umbrella payroll providers that meet your expectations. Unified Payroll is an FCSA (The Freelancer and Contractor Services Association) and Professional Passport accredited umbrella company, offering a compliant payroll service, so your business has peace of mind.
The benefits of a PSL are:
- Fewer umbrella payroll providers to audit or check for compliance,
- Easy to agree to timeframes for audits and access to documents,
- Easier payroll runs with fewer companies to pay, making reconciliation easier,
- Easy to enforce SLA (Service Level Expectations) and accountability,
- Happier contractors with fewer complaints,
- Reduction of costs and compliance risks.
Please view our umbrella guide for recruitment agencies to see why agencies include Unified Payroll on their PSL.
Attributes of a Compliant Umbrella Payroll Provider?
A genuine, compliant umbrella payroll provider will be committed to ensuring all contractors are educated on how they will be paid. At Unified Payroll, our sales team spends time with all prospective enrolments to fully explain the umbrella payroll process. We explain what deductions are made and why, while outlining IR35 regulations and the consequences of using a non-compliant umbrella payroll provider.
A genuine and compliant umbrella payroll provider will always:
- Supply a clear net-pay illustration with all statutory deductions,
- Clearly explain the full payment process, step by step,
- Have clear communication channels to answer any payroll queries,
- Supply the contractor with a compliant payslip every time they are paid,
- Be based in the UK (with a physical presence), while paying onshore and in pound sterling, with all taxes deducted,
- Advise the contractor of the consequences of using tax evasion or so-called tax-efficient schemes,
- Support any recruitment agency partner with copy payslips for auditing purposes.
Why Should I Keep Unified Payroll on Our PSL (Prefered Supplier List)?
Unified Payroll is a perfect fit for any recruitment agency that requires a transparent and fully compliant umbrella payroll provider. Our service is second to none, with excellent Trustpilot and Feefo reviews to support this. We are fully committed to delivering a candidate-centric solution, with crystal clear communication. We aim to be classed as the best umbrella company on any agencies PSL.
Agencies keep us on their PSL because we:
- Offer a payroll service that is fully compliant with IR35 regulations.
- Have FCSA and Professional Passport accreditation demonstrating full compliance.
- Ensure all our contractors are happy with our service.
- Make sure every contractor understands how an umbrella payroll provider works.
- Make sure Candidates can enrol with us on multiple channels including telephone, email and out-of-hours online enrolment service via our website.
- Have efficient and prompt daily payroll processing.
- Support all recruitment agencies with payroll auditing requirements.
- Have organised teams supporting enrolment, payroll processing and aftercare.
At Unified Payroll, we believe we are an extension of your recruitment business, working in collaboration with you for our mutual benefit and that of the temporary worker. Adding Unified Payroll to your PSL ensures you always have a compliant and trusted umbrella payroll provider.
If you have any questions about referring candidates to us, HMRC guidelines, IR35 or AWR legislation, you can contact our expert sales team.
Our sales team are available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
Speak to our agency support team about saving time and money
with our umbrella payroll service.
Takes 30 seconds